July 09, 2010

People The Biggest Barrier To Growth

You could turn this statement around and say good people are a key catalyst of growth.


The statement comes from the research that I undertook when I did my MBA.


The dissertation was examining barriers to growth in small to medium sized companies  and does the Internet Internationalise businesses faster. This was back in 1998 when the Internet was still 'young' so we all know the answer to the second part of the question now.


What I wasn't expecting though was the response to the wider question of what's stops small businesses growing. It wasn't cash flow or marketing it was people.


Every managing director more or less said the same thing; getting and keeping the right people was the biggest thing that was stopping them growing their businesses.


People that have the right attitude, skills and motivations these were their observations.


What are yours? What's stopping you I would be interested to hear your comments.


If you don't want to admit it publicly as a comment below send me an email and I will publish the results without revealing your identity in a future post.


So what's holding you back what's stopping you from growing at the rate of growth that you would like?


Take Care


Regards


Mark


P.S. I am still interested in more guest writers




Integrated Marketing  Copyright Mark Wheatley 2010 All Rights Reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments and questions, please use the comment feature. If I have time I will respond.